Cairo Inspired Seafood Kebab with Yoghurt Flat Breads
Wed, 11 May 2022
Niall Sabongi's Cairo Inspired Seafood Kebab with Yoghurt Flat Breads
Cairo inspired seafood kabab with yogurt flat breads
Ingredients for the kebabs
- 800g Seafood ( Salmon, Cod, Prawns, monkfish all work great)
- Cut into large pieces and squir on soaked stick
- Season with salt and pepper and leave aside till ready to grill
Ingredients for the tahini
- 2 tablespoons of tahini paste
- ½ lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Warm water
Method for Tahini
In a small bowl add your tahini, juice of ½ lemon and small amount of water
Whisk till you have the consistency your looking for.
On a chopping board add your garlic and salt and crush and smash your garlic till a paste and add to your dressing. You should have the consistency of string doable cream. It should hold some shape but be pourable
Ingredients for the Yogurt dressing
2 cloves of garlic
Method for the Yoghurt Dressing
In a small bowl add your yogurt, lemon juice and mint. Repeat the garlic process from above and mix in.
Taste for salt and pepper and add splash of good olive oil. It should be punchy so you may want to add more mint and garlic
For the Salad Baladi
- Best tomatoes you can get
- Red onion
(Depending on how much salad you want you need equal amounts for all of the above and all diced really small)
- Flat leaf parsley
- You will need 1/3 of the salad in herbs.
- Add all to bowl and season with
- Chilli flakes
- Lemon juice
- Small amount of olive oil
*Mush all together about one hour before you need
Ingredients for Flat Bread
• 250 g plain full fat Greek Yogurt
• 250 g self raising flour AKA self rising flour
• Oil for rolling out
1) Mix the Greek yogurt and flour together in a large bowl, then leave to rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
2) Divide the dough into 8 and roll into 8 balls.
3) Heat a small non-stick frying pan over a high heat and roll out your first flatbread to about the side of a side plate – use a little oil on the work surface to stop the dough sticking.
4) When the pan is really hot, lay the flatbread in the pan and cook for 20 seconds, or until the flatbread is covered in brown spots (but not burnt!!)
5) Flip the flatbread over and cook on the other side for a further 20 seconds, or until covered in brown spots and cooked through.
6) While the first flatbread is cooking, roll out the second flatbread so it is ready.
7) Put the cooked flatbread on a plate and repeat the process, until all the flatbreads are cooked.
8) The last step is the easy part. Grill your seafood and season with sumac when cooked
9) Fill your flatbread with all the deliciousness above. You can also add some hot sauce if you want that kick.
*The above is also great with chicken or lamb on the BBQ