Char-grilled Peach, Chicken & Goats Cheese Salad with Pecans and a Herby Orange Dressing
Tue, 5 July 2022
Aisling Larkin's Char-grilled Peach, Chicken & Goats Cheese Salad with Pecans and a Herby Orange Dressing
1 thumb sized piece ginger
Zest ½ orange
150g bulgur wheat
1 stock pot
1 litre water
120g soft goats cheese
75mls olive oil
50ml orange juice
25mls apple cider vinegar
25g fresh chopped herbs
Sea salt and black pepper
½ tsp dijon mustard
1. Poach the Chicken : Put the chicken in a large saucepan with a lid. Add enough water to cover and add the herbs, ginger, onion, salt and orange zest. Bring up to a simmer and cook gently for about 40 minutes and then turn off the heat. When cold shred the chicken.
2. Orange and Herb Dressing: Finely dice all the fresh herbs ( mint, basil, dill, parsley, chives, tarragon - whatever combination you have ) . Place the dion mustard in the end of the bowl, whisk in the olive oil, orange juice and apple cider vinegar, toss in the herbs, season. Cover until needed.
3. Peaches: Toss the peaches in honey and season. Heat a char grill over a medium to high heat, once hot grill the peaches. Set aside.
4. Bulgar Wheat : Rinse the bulgur wheat in a sieve. Place in a saucepan of boiling stock and cook for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain and allow to cool a little. Toss ½ the salt dressing through the grains.
5. Salad: Roughly chop the pecans, crumble the goats cheese. Finely dice all the herbs.
6. Serve this salad on a big sharing platter, scatter the grains on the base of the plate, toss through the rocket, top with the shredded chicken and griddled peaches, then crumble over the goats cheese and pecans. Garnish with the remaining dressing and some fresh herbs. Enjoy with friends in the sunshine.