Fri, 3 February 2023
4 Chicken Breasts fillets or skin on, bone in if you prefer
3 tablespoons plain flour
1 tablespoon Rapeseed Oil
1 tablespoon Butter
Large handful of mushrooms, sliced
1 large or 2 small cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
100ml Chicken Stock
50ml Double Cream
Salt & Pepper
1. Place the flour in a bowl and mix salt & pepper through.
2. Shake off the excess flour.
3. In a large, shallow pan with a lid, melt half of the butter and add half of the rapeseed oil.
4. Place the chicken into the pan, ensuring you hear a sizzle.
5. Sear on both sides for a couple of minutes then remove to a plate. Add the rest of the butter and rapeseed oil then add the mushrooms, fry these until golden brown then add the garlic. Stir through for a moment of two the add the marsala to deglaze the pan.
6. Add the chicken stock and double cream to the pan and bring up to a simmer. Add the chicken back in, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. You can do this on the hob or in an oven pre-heated to 180?.
7. Scatter the parsley over and serve with a green salad and potatoes, rice or pasta.
Sat, 3 June 2023
Chef: Matthew BrownieView More.