Creamy Chicken Tarragon
Wed, 28 September 2022
Sarah Butler's Creamy Chicken Tarragon
Chicken and tarragon go so well together, a great combination for this tasty dish. This dish is also really versatile. Serve with potatoes, rice or pasta!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40 g butter
- 4 chicken breasts
- 10-12 small mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp self raising or plain flour
- ½ pint chicken stock
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon or freshly chopped
- if available
- 25 g parmesan cheese grated
- Lemon wedge
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a zip lock bag or between two sheets of cling film and flatten slightly with a rolling pin.
- Season chicken breasts with salt & freshly ground pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and 20 g butter to a frying pan on medium-high heat and brown chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden and juices run clear, then set aside.
- Add 20 g butter to the same frying pan and on a medium-high heat fry mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until browning, add garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Return chicken to pan sprinkle 1 tbsp flour into pan and combine with ingredients, cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock gradually and bring to a simmer, using a whisk to combine.
- At this stage it is very important to use a whisk whilst adding stock slowly, this ensures a lump free consistency every time.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, adding a little water if required to keep ingredients covered in liquid.
- Add 100ml fresh cream and allow to come to a simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Add chopped tarragon, parmesan and juice of lemon wedge.
- Taste to season if required. Serve with Potato wedges, mas rice or pasta.