Pan Fried Seabass with Prawns, Capers and Fennel
Thu, 4 August 2022
1 Lemon, diced segment, save juice
1. Make sure the Seabass fillets are properly cleaned and all pin bones removed (Fishmonger can do that).
2. Cut the tomato in 4, remove seeds and dice.
3. Wash capers and put with the tomatoes.
4. Remove skin from the Lemon, cut out segments and diced them; add to tomatoes and capers. Reserve the juice.
5. In a non-stick pan, over medium heat, add some oil to the pan and make sure it’s hot; place the Seabass skin down in the pan and add some salt.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip the fish and cook for another minute; turn the heat to low and add the butter in the pan.
7. It will melt and start to foam, remove the seabass and add all the rest of the ingredients in the butter, leaving the parsley last. Add the reserved lemon juice so the butter will cool down.
8. Put the Seabass fillet in a dish and spoon over the skin the tomatoes, capers, prawns and fennel with a bit of the brown butter.
Great served with some sauteed potatoes and Tender stem Broccoli.