Piglets in Pastry Blankets
Sun, 5 December 2021
Chef: Dean Diplock
6 Only Smoked Pork Viennas (cut in half)
2 tbsp. American Mustard
1 tbsp. Honey
1 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
1tbsp. Sea Salt Flakes
1 pack Puff pastry 375g
1. Preheat the oven to 200?C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper nd set aside.
2. Roll out a thawed puff pastry sheet and cut it in 12 equal squares, using a knife or a pizza cutter.
3. Mix the mustard and honey on a small bowl and spread diagonally on each pastry square, corner to corner.
4. Place half of the sausage in each square diagonally on the mustard.
5. Beat the egg and milk together.
6. Dab a little of the egg wash on opposite corners of the pastry and fold over the puff pastry from the each side
to form a blanket over the sausage. Now brush the egg wash over the top of all of the pastry parcels.
7. Sprinkle the top of the pastry with sesame seeds and salt.
8. Bake at 200°C for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown in color.
9. Serve warm with a side of quality ketchup