Bacon & Cheese Swirls
Sun, 5 December 2021
Chef: Dean Diplock
250g Smoked Streaky Rashers cooked crispy & chopped fine
1 Small Onion chopped very fine
45g Italian Parsley
20g Oregano Fresh Chopped
20g Thyme Fresh Chopped
1 pack Puff pastry 375g
75g Gruyere Cheeese
135g Smooth Cream cheese
Salt & pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 180?C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, bacon, onion, herbs & gruyere together and season
3. Roll out the puff pastry and spread cream cheese mix all over the surface.
4. Then roll up from one end until you've made a swiss roll. Place in a freezer for half an hour top set.
5. Then, using a sharp knife, slice up into 1 inch segments and place on the baking tray.
6. Beat the egg and milk together and brush the pastry swirls with the egg wash.
7. Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes until golden.