Whatever left over root veggies we have left we can use up and not waste , this is simple tasty leftover cooking at its best
1 tbsp Hellmans Vegan mayo of choice
Optional some fresh herbs of choice a little sage , rosemary and thyme seasoning
- In a heavy bottomed pan on a medium to high heat add a good glug of olive oil
- In a bowl break up by hand/potato masher or chop up with a knife if you want , remember this is rustic chunky food at its best
- Pop into a bowl all your spuds and veggies adding a tablespoon of Hellmans vegan mayo to help bind it all together , so we have a chunky , rustic spud and veggie smush.
- Into the oil add fresh herbs if you want ,remember this is your dish , and gently fry for a few minutes before adding your bubble and squeak
- Mix into the pan pressing firmly down so all the pan is in contact with the food, what we want is to get the base all crispy .
- After about 2 minutes bring the outside into the middle by turning it over with a spatula so all the outside is now the inside and press down again , we will repeat this about 10 times ,so cooked for 20 mins ish, until the dish is filled with crispy carmalised potatoes and veggies .
- Either with a plate or a timber serving board place over the pan and turn out onto the plateboard garnish with a little rocket and olive oil and drizzle hellmans vegan mayo over the dish and youre sorted