1. Using an electric hand mixer, whip the butter and cream cheese together. Add sugar gradually while beating.
2. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Lastly, add the flour. Your batter will be very fluffy and creamy. If you use a stand-up mixer for this, the whisk attachment yields great results.
4. Pour into greased and floured tube or bundt pan.
5. Bake 150 degrees Celsius (325 degrees Farenheit) for an hour and 15 minutes. Test it by inserting a wooden toothpick into the centre. If it comes out clean, it's done. If it comes out wet, put the cake back in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Serve plain or with your favourite fresh berries, berry compote and freshly-whipped cream.