2 chicken breasts, skin and knuckle bone still attached
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
150ml chicken stock
For the croutons:
200g white bread, cut into small cubes
pinch of salt
80ml olive oil
For the dressing:
150g grated parmesan
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 anchovy fillets
pinch of salt
1 garlic clove, crushed
2fl oz olive oil
1 cos lettuce
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Start with the salad, season the chicken well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the chicken breasts, skin-side down. Fry for 4-5 minutes, until the skin is crisp and golden-brown.
4. Turn the chicken over and fry for 1-2 minutes. Transfer the chicken, skin-side up, to an ovenproof dish and pour the stock around the meat. Try not to pour the stock over the meat. Place into the oven to cook for 20 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
5. Next for the croutons, place the cubes of bread onto a baking tray, sprinkle with salt and drizzle with the oil. Pop the tray into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the croutons are golden-brown.
6. For the dressing, put the parmesan and vinegar into a food processor and blend until very smooth.
7. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, anchovy fillets, salt, garlic and olive oil and blend again until smooth.
8. To serve, place the lettuce into a large bowl, pour on some dressing and gently turn the leaves to coat. Then add the croutons, then the anchovies and drizzle over a little more dressing. Then carve each chicken breast into thick slices and place over the salad. Finish with a sprinkle with parmesan shavings!
Making your own baked beans allows you to better control the levels of added sugar and salt and With an ever increasing awareness on hidden sugars in food these smoke house beans are not only packed with flavor and fiber but with significantly reduced salt and sugar content and wont...