George Stephens, BIM Young Fishmonger of the Year 2016 & Owner of The Fish Market, had this delicious recipe for us this morning.
Prep time 15 mins Cooking time 15 mins [Notes:serves 4] Ingredients 4x 180g Irish Hake fillets [Notes:skinned] 4tbsp sesame oil, plus extra for brushing 50g sugar snaps halved lengthways 8 button mushrooms thinly sliced 1 chilli thinly sliced 40g fresh ginger thinly sliced 2 garlic cloves crushed 2tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp lime juice 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce 1 tbsp honey 1 tbsp fish sauce Fresh coriander
1. Cut out 4 squares each [Notes:12" x12"] of tin foil and brush the centres of each with a little sesame oil . Place a piece of hake in the centre of each square. Mix together the mushrooms sugar snap peas and chilli and pile the mixture on top of the fish.
2. Mix together the sesame oil, ginger and garlic and spoon over the vegetables. Bring the sides of the parchment/tin foil up over the fish as though wrapping a parcel. Fold the edges together and flatten gently.
3. Flatten the ends and fold them over to seal. Place the parcels on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven, 190c for 15 mins
4. Meanwhile mix the soy sauce, lime juice ,fish sauce ,sweet chilli sauce , honey and coriander together in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute or heat gently in small pot .Loosen the parcels and spoon the dressing over the hake.
5. Serve with brown rice for a healthy tasty meal - sin free food for January