Smoked Salmon with Celariac and Beetroot Remoulade
Fri, 17 November 2023
- 1 medium celeriac, peeled and grated.
- 1 medium beetroot, peeled and grated.
- 120ml mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives.
- 1 tablespoon of capers roughly chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- To serve: smoked salmon, extra chives to garnish and brown bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Add the celeriac, beetroot and capers to the dressing and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with some slices of smoked salmon and an extra sprinkle of fresh chives and some brown bread with plenty of butter.
Note: this is a wonderful dish to serve in sandwiches and with leftover roast meat.