Balsamic Strawberry Summer Salad
Thu, 1 June 2023
BALSAMIC STRAWBERRY SUMMER SALAD
• For the Balsamic Dressing:
• 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 2 teaspoon Irish honey
• ? teaspoon black pepper
For the Salad:
• 1 punnet sliced Irish strawberries
• 400g cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 3 cloves of garlic,
• 100 ml olive oil
• Salt & pepper
• 200g fresh baby mozzarella, halved
• 1 small plant fresh basil leaves, torn if large
Prepare the dressing:
1. Whisk extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and pepper. Set aside.
2. Make hummus, using a food processor and put the 300g chickpeas and garlic, olive oil and blend, season to taste
Prepare the salad:
3. Spread hummus on the bottom of the platter put Mix strawberries, 100g chickpeas, mozzarella, and basil.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss until the salad is evenly coated.