Fri, 20 May 2022
For the Chicken:
800g Chicken, boneless and skinless, cut cubes
1tsp Chilli Powder
1½ tbsp Lemon Juice
75ml natural Yoghurt
½ tsp Garam masala
½ tsp ground Turmeric
1tsp ground Cumin
Pinch of salt
For the Butter Sauce:
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 cloves Garlic
1 chopped Shallot
1teaspoon Chilli Powder
1tsp Cumin Seeds
2tbsp Tomato Puree
5 Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Sugar
200ml Chicken Stock
20 g butter
For the Chicken.
• Place the chicken in a bowl with the garlic, ginger, salt, chilli powder and lemon
juice. Mix, cover with cling film and chill for 30 mins.
• Mix together the yogurt, garam masala, turmeric and cumin and add to the
chicken, making sure that each piece is well coated with the mixture. Cover again
and chill for 3-4 hours.
• Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Fan 160ºC/gas mark 4. Put the marinated chicken
pieces on a grill rack set on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 mins.
• When it’s cooked add the chicken into the Butter Sauce.
• Add the oil to a non-stick pan and fry the shallots for a few minutes until softened
and translucent. Then add the chopped garlic to soften.
• Add the chilli powder and cumin seed to the onion mixture and stir to coat, Fry
the spices off gently for a couple of minutes.
• Add in the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and stir for few minutes.
• Pour in the chicken stock, bring it to the boil and season with salt and sugar.
• Add in the butter and cream stir it well and let the sauce simmer.
Served with Rice or Naan Bread.