BBQ Sirloin Steak Sandwich On Sourdough Bread
Sat, 3 June 2023
2 sirloin steaks
1 finely sliced white onion
2 roughly chopped flat cap mushrooms
1 loaf of sourdough bread
300g Cashel blue cheese
Balsamic honey reduction
Sea salt & cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the BBQ to a high heat
2. Place a drizzle of oil on your two steaks and season with salt & pepper
3. Place the steaks on the BBQ and oil the other side and season
4. In a nonstock add oil, mushrooms and onions and place on the BBQ
5. When cooked, add a small drop of balsamic honey reduction
6. Cut your sour dough bread in slices and place on the BBQ grill
7. Take your steak off and rest for 1-2 minutes.
8. Butter your tasted sour dough bread.
9. Slice your steak into strips and place on top of one slice of toasted sour dough.
10. Place the cooked balsamic honey mushroom & onion mix on top.
11. Place two slices of blue cheese on top and place the other piece of sliced toasted sour on top to finish the closed sandwich.
12. Cut in half and serve on a plate or board with a side salad if desired.