Triple Chocolate Brownies
Wed, 19 January 2022
Edward Hayden's Triple Chocolate Brownies
8oz/225g dark chocolate
8oz/225g butter-chopped into pieces
4 large eggs
8oz/225g demerara sugar
3 ½ oz/100g self raising flour
3oz/75g roughly chopped hazelnuts
4oz/110g white chocolate-chopped into pieces
4oz/110g plain chocolate-chopped into pieces
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
2) Grease and line a 9 inch square cake tin.
3) Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a bowl set over simmering water.
4) Beat the eggs and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
5) Fold in the melted chocolate and mix well.
6) Sieve the self raising flour and gently fold it into the chocolate and egg mixture.
7) Fold in the chopped chocolate and hazelnuts with the flour and mix well.
8) Do not over mix as the air will be knocked out of the mixture.
9) Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and cook for 35-40 minutes until the centre of the cake feels firm on the surface but with an element of softness underneath.
10) Allow the cake to cool slightly in the tin and then after a few minutes remove from the tin and cut into even sized squares.
11) Dust generously with icing sugar and serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce.