Sun, 25 October 2020
800g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger, crushed
1 tin tomato puree (42g)
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1 cup coconut milk (400ml)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
2 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pots dissolved in 500ml water
Your chosen oil for cooking
1. Begin by sautéing the onion, ginger and garlic in a pan with some oil.
2. Next add the mushrooms, sauté the mushrooms for about 10 minutes on medium heat until softened, stirring frequently
3. When the mushrooms have shrunk to half their size, turn up the heat slightly and let the mushrooms crisp a little
4. Add the tomato puree, spices and season
5. Mix well and let it cook until most of the mixture forms a paste
6. Add the pumpkin puree, dissolved Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, and coconut milk and mix thoroughly.
7. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
8. Serve and enjoy with your choice of sides!