- 375g Pack of pre-rolled puff pastry (thawed if frozen)
- 6 to 7 Tbsp Passata or your favourite jar of pizza/pasta sauce
- 100g Sliced pepperoni
- 100g Thinly sliced ham
- 2 to 3 Mushrooms
- 100g Grated Mozzarella
- 1 Sprig of fresh basil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 180?c
2. Now get your sleeves rolled up, whip out all of your ingredients in front of you and grab a chopping board.
3. Take the ham and dice it, then thinly slice the mushrooms, set the ham and mushrooms aside on a side plate.
4. Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk with a fork, set aside.
5. Roll the puff pastry out onto a clean work surface, now using a spoon spread an even layer of the tomato sauce across the pastry.
6. Add the pepperoni, ham and mushrooms, followed by an even sprinkle of cheese and a few sprigs of basil.
7. Tightly roll up the pastry – think of a swiss roll.
8. Get a muffin tray or a normal oven tray will do, drizzle a little olive oil into each of the muffin hollows and rub the oil around using your fingertips.
9. Cut the pastry into 1 inch or bigger slices and carefully place into the hollows.
10. If you have a pastry brush use it to paint the top of each pastry slice or just use your fingers.
11. If you have a little extra cheese dust it on top.
12. Place the tray into the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
13. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
14. But keep your eye on them, because they might disappear