Optional: a drop of red, blue or green food colouring added to icing
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius (130 degrees in a fan oven, or 300 degrees Farenheit).
2. Combine all four cookie ingredients in a medium-sized bowl until smooth. Roll into 1-inch balls. If you find the dough too soft, you can chill it in the refrigerator for a few minutes to firm it up.
3. Arrange balls on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. The cookies will not come out browned, as we use a pretty cool oven. They will be a light colour. Let cool on tray.
4. Combine ingredients for icing in a small bowl until creamy. It is a nice option to add a drop of food colouring of your choice. You don’t want this icing to be too runny. Put a dollop on top of each cookie after they have cooled.
5. As an alternative to the icing, you can also simply roll them in icing sugar while they are still warm.