Chicken and Leek Filo Pie
Thu, 8 June 2023
• 2 chicken fillets diced
• 1 onion chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic crushed
• 2 lemons
• 500g baby potatoes
• Fresh tarragon
• 1 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 4 chicken thighs or chicken fillets
• 6 cloves of garlic
• oil for frying
• 50 g unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons plain flour
• 500ml chicken stock
• 2 teaspoons mustard
• 5 sheets of filo pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. In a large frying pan add the onion, garlic and potatoes and fry until crispy.
3. Remove from the pan and then season and add the chicken to it.
4. Pop in the oven for 45 minutes, or until golden, crispy and cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Melt the butter in the pan until bubbling. Add the flour and stir for 1 to 2 minutes to form a paste, then slowly pour in the stock, whisking until thickened. Add the mustard, then season.
6. Pour over the thickened stock and add the herbs and then the potatoes and chicken etc.
7. Place the filo on top and bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!