Mon, 27 March 2023
2 sprigs thyme
Tbsp local honey
1 red chilli
30g flaked almonds
Edible flowers (optional)
200ml veg stock
1. Slice the aubergine in length halfway. Score diagonally in crisscross shape. Place on a baking sheet and brush with rapeseed oil and roast in oven at 180 degrees for approx 40 minutes.
2. Finely sliced the onions and gently sauté in rapeseed oil for approx 30 minutes until golden and sticky.
3. Place the feta, honey and thyme in a blender and blitz up and set aside
4. Finely chop all the herbs being careful not to bruise them.
Deseed and finely sliced the chilli.
5.Place almonds on baking sheet and pop into the oven for 5-7 minutes ensuring they don't burn.
6. To make the couscous follow packet instructions.
Place the dried couscous in a bowl and cover with hot vegetable stock. Cover and allow the liquid to absorb for 5 minutes. Fluff it up with a fork and add in herbs of choice, pomegranate seeds and decorate with edible flowers.
7. To assemble, place a spoon of the jewelled couscous on a plate.
Place roasted aubergine on top.
Top with caramelised onions.
Scatter chopped herbs on top.
Spoon out dollops of the whipped feta and garnish with the toasted flaked almonds and sliced chilli.