Wed, 19 January 2022
Cliona O'Connor's Chorizo Pasta with Ricotta
1 Onion Chopped finely
3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp tomato puree
3 vine tomatoes chopped finely
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tsp dried or fresh Oregano
Salt & Pepper
1 tsp brown sugar
80ml red wine
2 tbsp Creme fraiche
240g Penne pasta or similar
1. Fry the chorizo on medium heat. Add the onions & garlic after 3 mins.
2. Fry for a further 8 mins with the lid on over low heat.
Add the oregano, sugar & chopped tomatoes. Cover and fry for a further 5 mins.
3. Cook the pasta until al dente.
4. Add the tomato purée, tinned tomatoes & red wine to the chorizo pan. Bring to a simmer. Leave to cook on medium heat whilst the pasta cooks.
5. Add the Al dente pasta to the pan with the tomato chorizo sauce and stir. Leave to simmer gently whilst you make the ricotta cream.
6. In a little bowl mix the ricotta and crème Fraiche.
7. Spoon about half onto a bowl or plate.
8. Mix with the pasta and enjoy.