Aisling Larkin: Quinoa & Oat Cereal Bars
Mon, 8 January 2018
· 50g butter
· 30g sunflower/coconut oil
· 20g brown sugar
· 55g honey/golden syrup
· 100g rolled oats (porridge)
· 50g Rice Krispies
· 50g quinoa (uncooked)
· 60g dried fruits & nuts
· 15g seeds (chia/flaxseed/linseed/pumpkin/sunflower)
- Preheat the oven to 180oc. Line a baking tray. In a separate tin, mix the quinoa and oats and toast for 10 mins.
- Weigh and measure all the other ingredients.
- Chop the fruit and nuts.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and honey.
- Turn off the heat. Sitting the saucepan on a pot stand, spoon in all the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into the tin. Press down really firmly.
- Bake for 20 – 25mins.
- Using oven gloves remove the tin from the oven. Allow to cool fully.
- Lift out flapjacks on baking paper.Cut into squares.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and coconut or with honey and sesame seeds