Chicken, Vegetable and Chorizo Casserole
Tue, 21 November 2023
· 4 chicken breasts-cut into chunks
· 3oz/75g chorizo-chopped into small chunks
· 1 ½ mixed peppers-diced
· 2 cloves of garlic
· 1 medium onion-chopped
· 1 tablespoon plain flour
· ½ teaspoon paprika
· 1 tin chopped tomatoes
· 5floz/150ml chicken stock
· 2 tablespoons cream
· 1 glass of white wine
· Thyme sprigs
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3
2. Heat a large pan with a little oil and cook the chicken pieces until they are golden brown.
3. Next add in the onions, garlic, peppers together with the chopped chorizo to the pan and fry for a couple of minutes or until the vegetables have begun to soften.
4. At this stage add in the flour and paprika, stir well and then add the white wine and allow this to reduce for a moment or so.
5. Season the mixture now with salt and black pepper.
6. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock and the cream at this stage and allow the liquid to come to the boil.
7. Transfer this entire mixture into an overproof casserole dish and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 35-40 minutes.
8. Serve with some rice or with some crispy roasted potatoes.