Strawberries and Cream
Sat, 2 July 2022
800g Strawberries hulled and quartered
1 Tablespoon Runny Honey
Juice of 1/4 Orange and zest
3 mint leaves chopped
mint leaves to garnish
300g Whipped Cream / Plain Yogurt optional
Garnish with crushed Amaretto Biscuits/ macaroons/ choc flakes etc
1-. Wash strawberries under cold water, drain and dry well with kitchen paper.
2. Hull the strawberries and cut them in half.
3. Place in a bowl, drizzle over honey, add orange juice, zest, and freshly chopped mint.
4. Mix well and leave for 15 mins at room temperature stirring occasionally.
5. Divide Cream / yogurt into desert glasses and spoon over the marinated strawberries.
6. Drizzle with the remaining juices from marinade.
7. Sprinkle with Amaretto biscuits or chocolate flake.
8. Decorate with more mint leaves before serving.