Juicy Lucy Burgers
Sat, 22 January 2022
Charlo the Chef's Juicy Lucy Burgers
1lb 9 oz / 700g mince beef
6 slices of cheese (mature red cheddar, easy singles, white cheddar all work well)
1 tea spoon garlic granules
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons of tomato ketchup
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 burger buns
Wicklow Rapeseed oil Cooking spray
½ beef tomato slice
1 small red onion slice
2 large dill pickles sliced
American mustard sauce
1 teaspoon mayonnaise
¼ iceberg shredded optional
1. Cut each cheese slice evenly into 4 squares , arrange in 4 stacks with 6 slices each.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the mince meat with the garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire , salt and pepper and mix by hand.
3. Form the beef mixture into 8 thin patties on a large plate.
4. Place the cheese stacks in the middle of the each of 4 burger patties and top the beef patties with the remaining 4 patties.
5. Now ensure you hand form your burgers to a uniform shape with sealed edges.
6. Place in fridge for at least 30 mins before cooking.
7. Spray burgers with a light coating of oil, and place on a hot pan.
8. Cook burgers for 3 to 4 minutes on each side and transfer them to a preheated oven for 10/12 mins to finish the cooking process.
9. Once burgers are fully cooked remove from the oven and leave them to rest for 5 mins before serving.
10. Toast buns and add toppings of your choice , place rested burger on to the toasted prepared buns and serve.