Raspberry and Lemon Curd Fool
Sat, 11 September 2021
Charlo The Chef
600g Fresh Raspberrys
250ml (9fl oz) Double or Regular Cream (whipped till stiff peaks )
Mint leaves, shredded
1 lime juice and Zest
1 tbsp Caster Sugar
I vanilla pod seeds
For the Lemon Curd:
4 Lemons and Zest
200g caster sugar
4 eggs beaten
1. To make the lemon curd, put lemon zest, juice, sugar and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
2. Stir occasionally until the butter has melted, then stir in the beaten egg with a whisk
3. Keep gently whisking the mixture over the heat until it thickens like custard for around 10 mins
4. Pour the cooked curd through a sieve into a clean jug to remove zest and keep in the fridge till needed
5. Place Fresh Raspberrys into a bowl and mash with a fork
6. Add sugar, lime juice and zest vanilla pod seeds and shredded mint leaves and mix till combined. Allow to stand for 10 mins until sugar has dissolved.
7. Fold raspberry mixture into the whipped cream
8. Layer the lemon curd and raspberry cream in a bowl or glass
9. Add some mint to garnish and enjoy.