Folded Sushi Wrap
Sun, 25 July 2021
Chef: Fiona Uyema, founder of Fused by Fiona.
500g (approx. 1 & 1/2 cups) sushi or short grain rice, freshly steamed
1 tbsp rice vinegar
Protein options (cooked shredded chicken breast/ coked prawns, smoked salmon, or tofu slices)
1 carrot, sliced thinly
1/2 avocado, sliced thinly
2 x nori sheets
1. In a small bowl, combine cooked rice, rice vinegar, pinch of sugar and salt. Make sure to mix well. (Make sure to use short grain or sushi rice otherwise your rice will not stick to the seaweed)
2. Take one nori sheet and use a pair of scissors to cut the sheet from the middle, bottom up, halfway to the centre only.
3. Place one of the 4 toppings (rice, preferred protein option, avocado, carrots) in each of the 4 square sections of the nori sheet.
4. Lastly, drizzle some soy sauce onto one of the quadrants and place a little chopped ginger on another.
5. To fold, start with the bottom left corner. Fold it upwards, then fold it to the right, and finally hold it downwards.
6. Pour more soy sauce into a small boy to dip your wrap into while eating. Enjoy!
• TIP: have a bowl of water to dip your fingers into so the rice won’t stick to your fingers when preparing the wrap.