Fresh Pasta with Pesto
Thu, 15 April 2021
Alberto Rossi's recipe for Homemade Tagliatelle Pasta and Pesto
400 gr. “00” Flour
2 Whole eggs
3 Egg Yolks
Pinch of slat
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
Instructions for Pasta:
Pour the flour on a work top; make a crater in the middle and pour in the eggs, salt and olive oil.
Gently start to mix all with you clean fingers, adding a bit of flour at the time.
Once all has been mixed, knead the dough for a bout 5 minutes then rest in the fridge for a bout 2 hours.
Using a rolling pin, make the dough flat and start to pull it through the pasta machine, each time lowering the setting until you reach the desired thickness.
Using the cutter, cut the pasta in shapes you prefer.
Leave to dry for few hours before using it.
150 gr Fresh Basil
1 garlic clove
80 gr Pine nuts
60 gr grated Grana Padano
40 gr grated Pecorino Romano
100 ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
Instructions for Pesto:
1) Put all basil leaves in a mortar with a pinch of salt and the garlic; using the pestle, work it until all the leaves and garlic are reduce to almost a paste
2) Add the pine nuts and keep using the pestle; add the grated cheese and the oil and using the pestle bring it all together
Putting It All Together:
1) Put a pot of water to boil, add salt.
2) Once boiling, add the fresh pasta into it and mix gently.
3) As it is fresh pasta it will take about 4-5 minutes to cook.
4) Add the pesto into a mixing bowl, add a bit of cooking water and add the pasta to it.
5) Mix gently, trying not to break the pasta.
6) Serve in a plate and grate some fresh Grana Padano onto it.