Tom Kha Mussels
Thu, 22 October 2020
Nanphun Srakhunthod from Baan Thai makes Tom Kha Mussels.
- 1 stick lemongrass bashed & sliced
- 30g galangal sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves ripped
- 5 coriander stalks bruised and chopped
- 2 medium shallots, bruised & chopped
- 400ml coconut milk
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 red chillies
- 3 tbsp nam pla fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2tsp sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 500g mussels
- Sliced chilli and coriander to garnish
- Add chicken stock, lemongrass, galangal, kaffir limes leaves, coriander and shallots to the pot.
- Heat it up until it becomes and rolling boil.
- When the herbs are infused and smells aromatic, add coconut milk. Boil for 1 minute.
- Season the soup with fish sauce, sugar and salt.
- Add mussels to the soup. Once mussels are open, turn off the heat.
- Add lime juice. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Serve immediately