Shredded Peruvian Chicken with green sauce and crushed potatoes
Tue, 30 June 2020
Chef: Nick Reynolds
Serving 4 - 6
For the crushed potatoes:
- 8 medium potatoes
- 3 table spoons of Salt
1. Season the water with the Salt
2. Simmer the potato in a pot until fork tender
3. Allow the potatoes cool
4. With the underside of a pan or plate crush the potatoes to form a disc.
5. In preheated oven (200c) place the potatoes on a tray and seasoning with a drizzle of olive oil and black pepper.
6. Roast for 30-35 mins until crispy flipping halfway through.
For the green sauce
- 3 jalapeño (Remove the seeds for milder heat )
- 2 spring onions
- handful of coriander
- 50 grams of mayo
- Juice of one lime
- 20 Grams parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the chicken
- 4 -6 chicken breasts or thigh cooked & shredded
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 tablespoon of olive oil,
- Juice of one Lime
- 2 table spoons of Tomato paste
- 100 ml of chicken stock
- Add the olive oil and place a pan on a medium heat
- Add the garlic and cook for 2-4 minutes
- Add the spices, stock and tomato paste the reduce for 4 -6 minutes
- Stir in the chicken.
- And combine until mixture has thickened
- Finish with the Lime juice
- Top the crushed potatoes with the chicken and dash the plate with the sauce.