2. Cook the pasta as per packet instructions, in a pot of boiling salted water, drain, and set aside.
3. In a pot, melt the butter and add the flour. Cook this mixture over a low heat for 1 minute, then slowly add the milk, whisking all the time, until the mixture is smooth.
4. Take the pot off the heat, and add the gruyere and cheddar cheese, and the nutmeg, and stir through. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
5. Pour the cooked macaroni into the mixture and stir through.
6. Then in a baking dish, add the mixture, and top it off with the breadcrumbs.
7. Cover loosely with tin foil and pop the dish into the oven and cook for 30 minutes, then take the tin foil off and cook for another 5 mins, until the sauce is bubbling and the breadcrumbs are nice and brown.
Making your own baked beans allows you to better control the levels of added sugar and salt and With an ever increasing awareness on hidden sugars in food these smoke house beans are not only packed with flavor and fiber but with significantly reduced salt and sugar content and wont...