1. Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. This will take approx 10 minutes
2. While pasta is cooking, heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat
3. Fry pancetta and garlic for approx 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden and crispy.
4. At this stage remove the garlic as the flavour will have infused and set aside the pan.
5. Whisk eggs, half of the cheese and plenty of freshly cracked black pepper and chopped parsley in a bowl and set aside
6. Strain the pasta, keeping some of the pasta water aside.
7. Return the pasta to the pot and tip in the pancetta mixture, tossing quickly to combine.
8. Pour in the egg and cheese mixture on top of the pasta and mix evenly together for 30 seconds with a wooden spoon. The heat from the pasta will cook the egg and form a creamy coating on the pasta. Add extra pasta water if you feel it's not saucy enough.
9. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and serve.