Crispy Fried Fish with Wild Garlic and Sprouting Broccoli
Fri, 21 February 2020
2 Fillets of Trout (Ask your fishmonger to pin bone and de-scale it)
2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Handful of Sprouting Broccoli
1 Large Bunch of Wild Garlic
1 TBSP of Butter
1 Bunch of Parsley
3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Firstly make the dressing by roughly chopping some of the wild garlic, the parsley and the anchovies. Pop them into a bowl and mix with a pinch of salt, splash of lemon and 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Now, grab your best frying pan and place on a high heat. Season the fish on both sides with sea salt. When the pan is hot add 2 tbsp olive oil and swirl the pan to make sure the oil is evenly spread.
- Place the fish into the pan skin side down cooking one fillet at a time (unless you have a large frying pan). Once the fish hits the pan reduce the heat to low or medium.
- Cook the fish on the skin for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the butter and flip the fish.
- Cook for another minute while spooning over the foaming butter. Remove the fish to a serving plate.
- Add the broccoli and wild garlic to the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Finish with a splash of lemon juice and spoon onto the plate along with the fish.
- Drizzle a generous spoon of the wild garlic dressing over the fish and enjoy.