Joes Chili Con Carne Wraps And Irish Cheddar
Mon, 13 January 2020
1 onion, finely chopped
2 clove garlic, crushed
300 g lean Irish beef mince
1tsp Chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
400 g Tin red kidney beans
400 g tin chopped tomatoes
100ml beef stock
2 tomatoes, diced
½ cucumber, pit removed and diced
100 g pea shoots, picked
1 tablespoon Irish rapeseed oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
8 tortillas wraps
- Heat a large saucepan with oil, to a medium heat.
- Cook onion and garlic 3 minutes, stirring, until soft. Add the chili, cumin and parika powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beef mince; cook 6 minutes, stirring to break up any lumps, until no longer pink.
- Add red kidney beans and tinned chopped tomatoes and beef stock. Bring to the boil; simmer 20 minutes, until thickened and fully cooked through
- Meanwhile, combine diced tomato, cucumber and snow pea sprouts in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice; season to taste and toss to coat.
- Wrap chilli con carne and salad in tortillas wraps and serve. You can add some grated cheese if you like to enhance the flavour