Indian Cabbage Stir Fry
Sun, 12 January 2020
1½ tbsp olive oil
¼ head Cabbage finely sliced
1 carrots finely sliced
1 small onion finely sliced
2 fresh garlic cloves
1 tbsp fresh ginner
1 green chilli slit half way through
½ tsp cumin seeds
½t sp mustard seeds
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
½ Tin chickpea
4 tbsp tomato pure
3 tbsp coriander
2 tsp lemon juice
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot.
- When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add cumin seeds allow to turn light brown. This will only take a few seconds.
- Add green chillies. Ginger & Garlic, Sauté for a few seconds on medium flame.
- Add turmeric, garam masala and dry cook for few seconds
- Add tomato purée and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ tin chickpea
- Add 4 tbsp of water along with the sliced cabbage and carrots and mix well. Cook without a lid for 5 / minutes.
- Lower flame, cover and cook for 10 mins stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with more chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with rice, pitta bread or rotis. The leftovers can be turned into tasty sandwich fillings or even a savoury puff pastry filling.