Goats Cheese “Wreath” Tart
Sat, 7 December 2019
1 Sheet of shop bought, ready rolled puff pastry
Handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
½ a red onion, sliced
3 tablespoons of pesto (homemade is best)
1 log of goats cheese
1 egg, whisked to glaze.
For the Basil Pesto:
Large Handful of fresh Basil
3-4 tablespoons of Pinenuts, toasted
Parmesan cheese, grated
Good quality Extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
salt & black pepper
- Make the pesto, by placing basil in a food processor and pulse briefly
- Add garlic, olive oil, pinenuts and pulse again
- Remove to a bowl and fold in the grated parmesan and check for seasoning
- For the tart, preheat oven to 180?
- Grease a bundt tin generously with oil.
- Cut the puff pastry into a circle with the centre price cut out to match the tin. This will be the top layer. Use the rest of the pastry in strips to line the tin about have way up.
- Place tomatoes, onions and goats cheese into the pastry and top with the lid. Brush with the egg.
- Bake for approx 20-25 mins or until golden.
- Carefully remove from the tin and garnish with a few cherry tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Drizzle with pesto and serve