2. Fry the onions in a pan with a little oil or goose fat until lightly browned.
3. Stir in the chickpeas and crush some of them with a fork or masher, leaving a few whole for texture.
4. In a bowl, combine the sausage meat with the lemon juice and zest and the mint. Add the onions and chickpeas to the bowl and mix well by hand. To taste for seasoning I recommend you fry a little of the mixture in the pan and taste.
5. Place the goose in a large roasting tin and stuff with the chickpea mixture into the cavity. Add the lemon shells to fill and remaining space. .
6. Roast the goose for 60 minutes and then reduce the temperature of the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. And continue to cook for 60 more minutes
7. Place your potatoes in a bowl and cover with goose fat, season with salt and pepper
8. Remove the goose from the oven and place the potatoes around the goose
9. Return the goose to the oven and continue cooking for 1-11/2 hours, until the skin is dark brown and crisp.
10. Remove the goose from the oven, cover with foil and leave to rest for 15 minutes before carving. Spoon out the stuffing and roast potatoes and keep warm in the oven.
If you're looking for a Friday fish dish that is quick and simple to prepare then look no further than this morning's Seafood Pie. Fishmonger George Stephens joined us to dish up this family favourite.