Cacao Hazelnut Bliss Balls
Thu, 26 November 2015
Makes 8–10 balls
175g skinned raw hazelnuts or toasted chopped hazelnuts
75g dates, pitted
30g raw cacao powder, plus extra for rolling
2–3 tbsp pure organic maple syrup or honey
1 tbsp tahini
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. If toasting the hazelnuts, spread them out on a baking tray and place in the oven for 5–10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Set side to cool.
3. Soak the chopped dates in a small bowl of warm water for 15-20 minutes to soften them. Drain well.
4. Place the toasted hazelnuts, soaked dates, cacao powder, the liquid sweetener and the tahini in a blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture is well combined.
5. Put a little cacao powder in a shallow bowl. Roll the mixture into eight to ten individual balls and then roll the balls in cacao powder until fully covered.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve. These will keep for up to 4 days.