Garlic and Sesame Prawn Noodles
Wed, 12 January 2022
Chef: Erica Drum
- 200g uncooked noodles or 400g pre-cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped, white and green separated
- 180-250g defrosted/de-shelled prawns
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chilli oil/sauce (optional)
1. Bring water to a boil and cook your noodles as per packet instructions. I think the pre-cooked ones are better when they get flashed in boiling water before going into the wok/pan.
2. Place your wok or large frying pan over medium heat and toast your sesame seeds with a little salt.
3. Remove the sesame seeds from the pan and set aside.
4. Add one tablespoon of sesame oil to the hot pan and begin to fry your garlic and whites of the scallions for 2 minutes.
5. Add in the prawns and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
6. In the meantime, in a small bowl, mix together the tahini, oyster sauce, soy sauce and chilli oil.
7. Pour this sauce mix in on top of the prawns and add 100ml of water.
8. Toss through your noodles in the pan until you get the desired consistency for your sauce and serve with the greens of the scallions on top and your toasted sesame seeds.
9. If you wish to make this dish more ramen like, you can add 500ml of chicken stock to the mix.