· 1 tin Condensed Milk, simmered for 3 hours and cooled
· 3 Bananas, sliced
· 1 carton Cream, whipped
· Grated chocolate or crushed Cadbury's Flake
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4. Grease and line a loose bottomed 23cm / 9" cake tin.
2. Sieve the flour, icing sugar and cornflour into a bowl. Rub in the butter/margarine until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Press into the prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for approx 20 minutes until golden in colour. Leave to cool in the tin.
1. Place the unopened tin of condensed milk in a saucepan covered with sufficient water to cover top of tin.
2. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a low simmer for 3 hours. Make sure the level of the water does not fall below the tin of condensed milk during simmering.
3. Remove tin from saucepan and allow to cool. This can be done a few days in advance.
1. Spread toffee over the cold shortbread. Gently remove from the cake tin and place on a serving plate. Arrange the sliced bananas on top of the toffee, cover with the whipped cream and decorate with grated or flaked chocolate.