• 125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
• 50g/2oz Semolina
• 125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
• 50g/2oz Caster Sugar, plus extra to finish
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Dust a baking tray with flour.
- Beat butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the flour and semolina and mix with a spoon first, then use fingers to bring mixture together to form a dough. Turn onto a floured surface and roll out until about 1 cm/half inch thick.
- Cut into rounds, fingers, stars or cutter of your choice and place on the baking tray. Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pale golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to ‘set’ for 5 minutes then cool completely on a wire tray.
- When cold store in an airtight container.