Building on the success of originated Fact Ent formats such as Eating with the Enemy and Generation Dating, along with powerful Factual Series such as The Guards: Inside the K, we are looking for gripping, brave and entertaining programming with broad appeal. Proposals of particular interest will have an innovative and cutting-edge twist and stories which reflect modern society and capture a diverse, contemporary Ireland through a lens that has not yet been seen.
We’re not afraid of difficult topics but we look for the light at the end of the tunnel. Our hardest-hitting shows still have room for hope and optimism but they have to take viewers somewhere they haven’t been before.
Of particular interest are returnable “brand-defining” factual entertainment formats and factual series, with noisy and topical ideas in hour-long, post-watershed slots.
We are interested in unique access opportunities exemplified in a series such as The Guards: Inside The K which highlight places, people and organisations that are fixtures of Irish life.
We also want to champion original Irish formats that can capture contemporary Irish life but also appeal to viewers all over the world, such as Eating with the Enemy and Generation Dating. We are open to talent suggestions, whether they are well known already, or dynamic new faces with something interesting to say. We want broadly appealing series for our 9pm slot across the week, as well as some weekend slots.
We are particularly interested in projects that take a ‘digital first’ approach and present innovative and creative opportunities to engage a wider audience across platforms.
Originated Irish drama series continue to be channel defining and a priority for VMTV, and submissions are invited on a rolling basis. Contemporary, urban, youth skewing, authentic and thriller-based stories are of particular interest.
For those submitting ideas, a track record of great casting and confident storytelling is essential. Virgin Media Television submissions must meet the criteria as set out in the Virgin Media Television Commissioning Guidelines.
• All applications should be submitted through the Commissioning Portal.
• PLEASE NOTE: Deadline for submissions regarding Round 43 of the BAI Sound & Vision Fund for Virgin Media Television is April 8th 2022.
Note to Producers:
1. Eligible Submissions: Virgin Media Television is currently inviting submissions from Producers or Production Companies only at this time.
If you are not a producer or submitting through a production company, and have a general query, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Re-submissions: Producers or production companies that have recently submitted ideas to the portal are invited to review the call out document and new guidelines, and revise their ideas based on this.
In addition to new ideas, producers and production companies are welcome to revise their previous submissions if they feel they may be applicable to our call out.
In this instance we would ask that these re-submissions be clearly labelled as ‘re-submission - revised for call out'.For more information about submissions visit the Commissioning section of the Virgin Media Television website.
3. Virgin Media Television are happy to receive one-page submissions but fully developed proposals with clear proof of concept and evidence of talent, casting potential and production readiness will have an advantage in this call out.