Virgin Media Discovers 2021/22 a short film Competition in association with Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland and the Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is now open for submissions from new, emerging and established film-makers. Virgin Media is committed to discovering different voices in film, and we are calling for ideas that bring diverse tales, voices and stories to life. This year our theme focuses on Diversity & Inclusion and we’re looking for your unique perspective.
Please ensure you have read the latest Terms & Conditions associated with the Competition before submitting a proposal.
Check out our FAQ guide for any queries you may have surrounding the submission process
Or you can contact us directly at VMDiscovers@virginmedia.ie
• All submissions MUST have a 2/3-page pitch attached.
• The Overall story/idea for the short film & the characters within.
• Why should this short film be made? Is there a hook for the audience?
• Diversity and inclusion are the key themes of this competition. Entrants and / or storylines must reflect this within their idea and potential production / development plan (if successful).
• Give us a frame of reference for your idea reflecting the tone and scale of ambition.
• Submissions must have a logline - what is this short film in two or three sentences? You need an attention-grabbing summary.
• Briefly outline previous production experience.
• Include names of any talent (in front of, and behind the camera) attached to the project and be clear about whether these names are suggestions or people who are already involved or committed.