Virgin Media Television is looking for new Factual Documentary Series and Factual Entertainment Formats for the 2019/2020 schedules across our three Virgin Media Television brands (Formerly TV3 Group).
These channels represent informative, entertaining programming with broad appeal, so ideas must reflect life in contemporary Ireland. We want to investigate the milestones of modern living, the issues and dramas of life in Ireland, and the major changes occurring in our society.
Of particular interest to the group are:
· Returnable “brand-defining” formats and series, focusing on noisy and topical ideas in hour-long slots.
· Unique access opportunities.
· Irish Language submissions.
In all cases, the emphasis should be on compelling and gripping factual series which reflect contemporary Ireland or shine a light on areas that we seldom see. Are there areas of society that are in need of immediate attention, are their trends that have yet to be recorded on television? Perhaps there are people or organisations that warrant our focus? We seek powerful and captivating stories emerging from modern Irish life.
For those submitting documentary series or formats, a track record of great casting and confident storytelling is essential.
Virgin Media Television submissions must meet the criteria as set out in the Virgin Media Television Commissioning Guidelines.
All applications should be submitted through the Commissioning Portal.
PLEASE NOTE: Deadline for submissions regarding Round 32 of the BAI Sound & Vision Fund for Virgin Media Television is Friday, 31st August, 2018.
Note to Producers:
1. Eligible Submissions: Virgin Media Television (formerly TV3) is currently inviting submissions from Producers or Production Companies only at this time.
If you are not a producer or submitting through a production company, and have a general query, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Re-submissions: Producers or production companies that have recently submitted ideas to the portal are invited to review the call out document and new guidelines, and revise their ideas based on this.
In addition to new ideas, producers and production companies are welcome to revise their previous submissions if they feel they may be applicable to our call out.
In this instance we would ask that these re-submissions be clearly labelled as ‘re-submission - revised for call out'.