In order to submit a proposal for consideration by Virgin Media Television, you must agree to the following set of terms and conditions.
1. By submitting a proposal on this website you (the “Applicant”) acknowledge and agree to the disclaimers, terms & conditions (“Terms”) set forth below. References to “we”, “our” and “us” are references to us, Virgin Media Television Network Ltd (“Virgin Media Television”). We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms at any time. Applicants are advised to read these conditions carefully to ensure they are aware of any changes made by Virgin Media Television. You agree to be legally bound by these conditions as updated/amended by Virgin Media Television.
2. Submissions are made on the condition that Virgin Media Television will handle submissions in a non-discriminatory and fair manner; that similar or identical programme ideas can be generated separately by different applicants at different times; that Virgin Media Television itself creates and also receives from different sources, a large number of programme proposals; that Virgin Media Television may already be developing/producing/commissioning programme proposals or ideas which resemble the Applicant's submission or might do so in the future; that Virgin Media Television's consideration of a submission does not constitute an acknowledgment by Virgin Media Television that the submission is distinctive or original to the Applicant; that Virgin Media Television's consideration of a submission does not adversely affect any copyright, trademark or any other right of any nature that Virgin Media Television or any third party may already have, or assert in the future, based on similar or identical programme ideas and proposals generated independently; that a similarity between a programme developed/produced/commissioned by Virgin Media Television and a submission submitted by the Applicant does not in itself mean that Virgin Media Television has copied the Applicant's submission or handled the Applicant's submission unfairly or dishonestly; that Virgin Media Television’s consideration of a submission does not constitute an acknowledgement by Virgin Media Television that a duty of confidentiality exists in respect of any non-distinctive or unoriginal elements of the submission or in respect of any elements of the submission that are in the public domain; that Virgin Media Television may select the best creative material from all sources, whether external or internal, in accordance with Virgin Media Television's commissioning and scheduling priorities which may change from time to time.
3. If a proposal is not commissioned Virgin Media Television is not obliged to return any materials submitted by the Applicant (including but not limited to scripts, tapes and DVDs) and those materials may be archived, destroyed or returned by Virgin Media Television’s commissioning team. It is the Applicant’s responsibility to keep duplicates of all materials submitted to Virgin Media Television.
4. Virgin Media Television will have no responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment of any kind suffered by the Applicant as a result of any submission made to Virgin Media Television.
5. Virgin Media Television shall process any information submitted in relation to this process in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation. Any data submitted will be processed by Virgin Media Television for the purpose of administration and consideration of submissions. Personal and company contact details submitted may be recorded to ensure that Virgin Media Television’s contact database is accurate.
6. These conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ireland.
Please indicate that you agree to the above terms and conditions by selecting the option on your proposal application form.