White Chocolate Bunnies & Milk Chocolate Easter Eggs23rd Mar 16 | Family
The perfect sweet treat just in time for Easter
The countdown is on to the biggest chocolate festival of the year...Easter and I am determined to curb the intake of sugar in our house this year. These little treats are so deliciously creamy, tasty and healthy that you won't even need to blink an eye! Bring it on Mr.Bunny!
Wishing you all a very very happy Easter.
Aileen and Oscar xoxo
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Makes: 4 Baby Easter Eggs
Storing: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
What goes in...
100g Cacao Butter
120g (1/2 Cup) Tahini
1 Tablespoon Natural Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
Optional Beetroot Powder for decoration
How to make it…
1) Bring a saucepan of water roughly 1/4 full to a boil and then turn to a simmer.
2) Add the cacao butter to a glass bowl and place over the water to melt making sure none of the water gets into the butter. It is important to remove the bowl from the heat altogether once the butter has melted as overheating will destroy the good properties of the butter.
3) Whisk in the maple syrup, vanilla, and tahini until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy.
4) Pour the mixture into some sweet moulds or alternatively line a tray with some cling film and pour your mixture in.
5) Place the chocolate in the fridge for about 2 hours to set or if you are like me and can’t wait stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
To make the milk chocolate see recipe here (just leave out the Goji Berries)
Aileen Cox Blundell is a mother of three and owner of Baby Led Feeding. The philosophy behind Baby Led Feeding is simply that cooking and eating both should be delicious fun. With healthy, refined sugar free and nutritious bite sized meals babies can feed themselves, it creates a positive relationship with food, right from the very start.