Grieving Mother issues URGENT warning to parents this Easter6th Mar 18 | Family
The woman has issued a grave warning to parents as Easter looms.
A heartbroken mum whose daughter choked to death on a Mini Egg has issued a stark warning to parents as we head towards Easter.
Taking to Mumsadvice.co.uk, the woman penned a heart-felt post about her 5 year old tragically choked to death on the chocolate treat three years ago.
"With Easter coming up I want to warn you all about another deadly choking hazard, one that tragically took away my child.
It has been just short of three years since my precious little girl Sophie passed away.
She had choked on a mini egg and I was unable to dislodge it, even with back slaps and pushing up under her ribs, I had done a first aid course one six months prior to this event so all the techniques to help a choking child were still fresh in my mind but it didn’t help.”
I watched the light slip fro my baby’s eyes, I tried in vain to save her.
If your children enjoy these chocolate treats please watch them extra close and remind them to sit down whilst eating them or avoid them altogether."
Please watch your babies."
Previously addressing a choking complaint on Mini Eggs, a company spokesman told the Express Online:
“The safety of our customers is of the upmost importance to us and we ensure that all of our Cadbury Mini Eggs packaging very clearly carries the following warning: Choking Hazard: This product is Not suitable for children under 4.”