[WATCH] Horrified mother URGENTLY warns other parents after her child's car seat caught FIRE

31st Jan 18 | Family

Be VERY careful!

A horrified mother has taken to social media to share an urgent warning with parents after her child's car seat caught fire from the reflection of the sun.

Sharing a video on Facebook, the Texas mum explained how she was taking her daughter out of the car when she noticed the smoke, after the sun ricocheted off the mirror and onto the seat.

Mum Amanda wrote:

"This happened today. Britax seat and Eddie Bauer mirror. Thank God I was rushing home and didn't sit in my seat checking emails and responding to texts like I typically do while Mila is sleeping.

I've used car seats with mirrors with all my kids - never have I experienced this! Scary! (Britax has been notified)."