Baby suffers HORRIFIC chemical burns after allergic reaction to popular brand of nappies

11th Jan 18 | Family

The pharmacy chain have launched an urgent investigation.

UK mum Reanne Davis, 24, has issued a serious warning to parents after her 7 week old baby suffered horrific chemical burns after wearing a 'Boots' own-brand nappy for just two hours.

The angry mum claims her daughter Elizabeth was screaming in agony when the nappy left imprinted raw red marks on her skin.

Speaking to The Daily Mirror, Reanne said:

"The skin was red, raw and coming away and she was screaming.

I was pretty shocked as I didn't know a nappy could do that.

I was wiping her really gently with a wet wipe and wet cotton wool but her skin was peeling off and it was obviously stinging her so I stopped.

I felt, and still feel, useless to help – there's nothing you can do.

She was still screaming when I took her to hospital, her skin looked exactly the same as other babies who've had chemical burns from nappies.

At the hospital they examined her down below and said it looked like whatever was inside the nappy had caused an allergic reaction which caused the burning.

I'm not happy at all.

I want them to take them the nappies down off the shelves so the same thing doesn't happen to any other baby."

A Boots spokesman said:

"We are really sorry to hear about this incident and wish the baby a very speedy recovery.

We take the safety and wellbeing of our customers and their family very seriously and the quality and safety of our products is of the utmost importance to us.

We have been speaking to the customer directly and have requested that they return the Boots Baby newborn pack to our customer care team.

Our Product Quality Team will investigate the matter further as a matter of urgency."